I am such a bad girl when it comes to taking care of myself- but seriously who has the time? The last thing I want to do after a long day is to cleanse, tone and moisturise my face. I am more of get in the shower and put on silky pyjamas kinda girl and that would be me taking care of my skin. Very bad.
My sister has fabulous skin, I noticed she had been putting on some yellow sticky stuff on her face and it was actually turmeric- I was like what? Isn’t that like spice for my parents cooking sessions but actually it is one of the cheapest and fastest way to treat your tired skin.
Turmeric has anti anti oxidant features which can soothe blemishes and make it all glowy. I had acne, in fact I had acne twice. Once in my late teens and then again in my early twenties and since then I have taken a bit more interest in my skin but I don’t like how I have to spend an absolute fortune to maintain it!
It’s so easy to make as well, all you need is;
- Turmeric powder (I got mine from Ocado- you can find this in any of your grocery stores)
- Milk (maybe three to four tea spoons)
- Chick pea flour (one table spoon was enough)
- You can add honey or yoghurt but I skipped that part
- Just mix all the ingredients together till you have a thick paste and apply it all over your fac
- Keep it on for 20 minutes
- You may want to warn your partner, flatmates or family that you will be looking Homer Simpson for a while too. Just a little warning
- I read turmeric stains but luckily, I didn’t experience that personally
Just keep it on for 20 minutes and wait for it to stiffen and dry up on your face and then wash it off with warm water. It is a little annoying to take off as it is quite sticky and a little messy but the results are amazing. My skin looked much brighter and even fresher (especially after a late night out) I try to do it every fortnight to keep up the results. The best part is the ingredients cost me like less than £5.00 and they are pretty much going to last me at least six to eight months. Embarrassing snaps included 🙂